We want to see that you get great value from the use of our bins. To ensure that this happens we suggest spending a small amount of time packing bins properly. Simply throwing items in leads to excess ‘air’ holes and ‘spaces’ between the items you are placing in the bin. Take the time to get the best value from the bin by cutting tree branches smaller and break down items such as old furniture etc and packing items into the bin to eliminate air spaces will ensure that you get great value for money.
In addition to this we suggest
- That item’s are not placed above the top rail of the bin.
- Take note of the loading signs stencilled on the bin (they are there for safety reasons).
- Ensure items are not protruding from the parameters of the bin as this will affect our ability to lift the bin back onto the truck safely.
For safety reasons please take note of the following
- Do not place regulated waste items into the bin i.e. asbestos, tyres, liquids etc.
- Do not move or relocate bins once we have placed them on the ground as we may not be able to retrieve the bin safely.
- Access - we assure you of our care and attention when we enter your property or worksite. If there are any issues (i.e. major traffic road, overhead wires etc.) which may affect our ability to deliver a bin it is your responsibility to bring this to our attention. For safety reasons, we require minimum of one metre of clearance from both sides of our vehicles. Whilst we will attempt to place a bin in a location under your instruction if access is limited and damage occurs to your property (or property on a work site) we cannot be held responsible. read more
- If you are placing heavy items such as dirt, concrete or bricks in the bin please be aware that larger bins do have weight restrictions. A bin is considered overfull when it can no longer be lifted or carried legally or safely. If you are unsure contact our office or go to our FAQ Page.
- For more information on loading of heavy waste items click here
- Overfilling bins is a safety issue. In the event that a bin is overfull, we reserve the right to unload the excess rubbish. If however we are unable to do this within a few minutes we will leave the bin onsite. You will be required to rebook the pickup once the bin meets the guidelines. You may be charged for an additional trip in some cases. If you are unsure contact our office.
- For more detail on our policies relating to the use and care of our bins please refer to our ‘Terms of Trade’.
As hard as we try to manage how people use our bins we are constantly amazed. Here’s a few pictures (of what not to do).
If you have any questions please contact our office.